Design - Interaction Design, Persona Development, Storyboarding, Concept Sketching, Wireframing, Prototyping, Information Visualization, Mobile Design.
Research - Heuristic Evaluation, Competitive Analysis, Contextual Inquiry, Diary Study, Affinity Diagram, Usability Testing, Cognitive Walkthrough, Grounded Theory.
Software - Omnigraffle, Sketch, Axure, Balsamiq, Photoshop, Illustrator
Environment - OSX, Windows, Linux
New York, NY | 6/2015 - Present
Bloomberg L.P. | UX Designer
- Conducted user research and analysis across a complex financial space to understand user workflows and identify gaps in the current system.
- Advised management on high-level product strategy and business prioritization based on research findings.
- Designed and wireframed transactional financial systems on the Bloomberg Terminal for analysts, traders and investment advisors.
- Contributed to define UX design patterns across the entire Bloomberg Terminal
- Collaborated with other designers, developers, and product managers who are collocated and international.
Atlanta, GA | 8/2014 - 12/2014
Georgia Tech | UX Design and Research Assistant
- Published Captioning on Glass, a real time captioning application to help the deaf to communicate, on Google Glassware Store.
- Conducted research using surveys, semi-structured interviews, and diary studies with 26 hearing-impaired participants.
- Analyzed research findings to inform design and development.
- Designed and wireframed Android and Google Glass interfaces based on user research and evaluation.
New York, NY | 5/2014 - 8/2014
Bloomberg L.P. | UX Design Intern
- Conducted user research on financial research and trading workflow using semi-structured interviews with 17 participants.
- Provided research findings that are utilized in multiple current and future projects. • Designed a system to support the creation, retrieval and sharing of the information among financial analysts, traders, sales, and portfolio managers.
- The designs are used as the basis for the redesign of a flagship Bloomberg product.
Cincinnati, OH | 2/2013 - 8/2013
Medpace Inc. | Software Test Engineer
- Performed QA testing on web applications and reported usability problems.
- Developed test cases and automation suites for the web interface of the clinical trial management system.
Lexington, KY | 7/2011 - 12/2012
Lexmark Inc. | Firmware Test Engineer
- Performed QA testing on Apple AirPrint User Interface on all printer families and helped certified Lexmark printers with AirPrint
- Developed User Interface automation tools for stress and stability testing
Danville, KY | 5/2010 - 8/2010
Centre College | Research Assistant
- Developed User Interface for Attention Deficient Disorder research collaborating with psychology researchers.
New York, NY | 8/2015 - 12/2015
Continuing Education: UX/UI Mobile Design courses
Atlanta, GA | 8/2013 - 5/2015
Georgia Institute of Technology
MS, Human Computer Interaction | GPA 3.9
Danville, KY | 8/3007 - 5/2011
BS, Computer Science & Economics | Major GPA 3.8